WEST PALM BEACH — Deadlines are approaching to submit applications for CareerSource Palm Beach County’s five-week paid summer internship and work readiness programs for youth and young adults.
To apply for the paid summer youth programs, applicants must be:
• Between 17 and 24 years old
• Not employed
• Not enrolled in school (high school or college)
Summer internship program: Participants gain valuable, paid work experience in various sectors and local employers access an eager workforce that is willing to learn and experience all that their business has to offer. Deadline for applications is May 15 and the program starts July 10.
Work readiness programs: Participants can attain nationally recognized hospitality career credentials at the Central Career Center in West Palm Beach and Microsoft proficiency credentials at the West Career Center in Belle Glade. Deadline for applications is May 31 and both programs start July 10.
Applications and details are available online at http://www.careersourcepbc.com/ABOUTUS/JOBSEEKERS/YouthServices.aspx. If you need assistance with your application or would like more information, call 561-340-1060 ext. 2361.
If you need access to computers, printers and/or phones for your application or job search, visit any of our two career centers or www.careersourcepbc.com. Programs and services are provided at no cost and include:
• Classes and facilities for job search
• Career development/consulting/placement services
• Grants for job training for those who qualify
• Talent identifiers and assessments
• Programs for youth and young adults
• Programs for persons with disabilities
• Priority of service for U.S. military veterans
Career centers are located at:
• Central Career Center – 3400 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach; 561-340-1060 ext. 2361
• West Career Center – 1085 S. Main Street, Belle Glade; 561-829-2040 ext. 2361