PALM BEACH COUNTY — In order to lead an organized and effective response effort in the aftermath of Hurricane Irma, and to address the unmet recovery needs of individuals and families in Palm Beach County, the Caring Community Coalition for Disaster Relief has been created.
The coalition will host centers across the county to assure all residents have an opportunity to register for assistance.
Services available (all services based on eligibility):
• FEMA Application Assistance (Transitional Sheltering Assistance, Blue Roof Program, etc.)
• SNAP (Food Stamp) Application Assistance
• LIHEAP (Electric Bill) Application Assistance
• Employment Application Assistance
• Eviction Prevention Application Assistance
• Medicaid Application Assistance
• Legal Assistance
Items needed for registration process:
• Social Security Number (SSN)
• Financial information
• Contact Information
• Insurance Information
• Electronic Funds Transfer/Direct Deposit Information
Locations, dates and hours
• Belle Glade Library Civic Center, 725 NW 4th St, Belle Glade on September 20 at 1-7 p.m.
• South Bay City Hall, 335 SW 2nd Ave, South Bay on Sept. 21 at 1-7 p.m.
• Pahokee High School (Cafeteria), 900 Laramore Rd, Pahokee on Sept. 22 at 3-6 p.m.
Visit www.disasterassistance.gov to complete the online FEMA application.