• The Drums of Noto Hanto by Fushu Daiko will be presented on Thursday, July 19, at 2:30 p.m. In 1576 the people of Nabune, Japan cleverly saved their village by frightening the enemy away with masks, fires on the beach, and drums. Includes the science of sound, the language of Japanese taiko drumming, and learning rhythm patterns. All ages. (60 minutes)
• Colorful snail tissue paper craft will be held on Saturday, July 21, at 2:30 p.m. Stop in the story time room for a creative craft. (60 minutes)
• Tween book and film discussion “A Wrinkle in Time” by Madeleine L’Engle will be held on Monday, July 23, at 2 p.m. Pick up a copy of the book at the children’s services desk. Snack will be provided. (2.5 hours)
• Anime Club will be held on Monday, July 23, at 5 p.m. Watch anime with your friends, talk about your favorite manga, and discover new ones. Snacks provided. Grades 5-12. (90 minutes)
• Reading Circle & Book Swap will be held on Wednesday, July 25, at 3 p.m. Share what you are reading and favorite books with other teens. Exchange gently used copies and discover new books to take home. Snacks provided. Grades 5-12. (60 minutes)
• DIY Photo Canvas will be held on Wednesday, July 25 at 4 p.m. Turn your Summer Reading Program photo props into creative artwork; stop by the photo booth to strike a pose. Grades 5-12. (60 minutes) Preregister.
• Outdoor painting – tambourine and rattle drum: Paint colorful musical instruments to take home on Thursday, July 26, at 10:15 a.m. Dress to get messy. All ages. (60 minutes)
• Wii just Dance will be held on Thursday, July 26 at 2 p.m. Shake and groove with Wii dance games. Bring your friends and family for a dance-off. Snacks provided. Ages 7 and up. (90 minutes)
The Belle Glade Branch Library is located at 725 NW 4th St. in Belle Glade. For information, call 561-996-3453.