All Palm Beach County Library System locations will be closed on Monday, Dec. 25 and Tuesday, Dec. 26 for Christmas holidays and Monday, Jan. 1, for News Year’s.
Belle Glade Branch
725 NW Fourth St.
- Book-A-Librarian on Tuesday, Dec. 5, 12 & 19 at 2 p.m. Personal attention, hands-on session tailored for you. Tell us what you need: a personal computer trainer or guidance on researching a topic. (60 min.) Call to make an appointment.
- English Exchange on Thursdays at 1 p.m. Practice speaking English in a fun and informal atmosphere. Intermediate knowledge of the language is recommended. (2 hr.) Preregister.
- Adult Holiday Craft on Saturday, Dec. 16 at 10:30 a.m. Join the fun as you can make a holiday wreath. Supplies provided. Preregister as space is limited. (90 min.)
- After-school gaming and more on Friday, Dec. 1, at 3:30 p.m. Drop by for Wii U games, and other fun board games for ages seven and up. (60 min.) Preregister.
Sat, Dec 02, 10:00 am
- It’s LEGO® time on Saturday, Dec. 2. Get creative and build with their LEGO® collection. Jumbo blocks available. All ages. (45 min.) Preregister.
- Story hour on Saturday, Dec. 02 & 16, at 11 a.m. Fun stories, rhymes, songs and crafts in French and English. All ages. (45 min.)
- Heure du Conte – Samedi, 02 &16 Décembre – 11:00 a.m. Histoires, berceuses, chansons et bricolage en français et en anglais. Tous les âges. (45 min.)
Mon, Dec 04, 11 & 18, 10:00 am
- Family story times on Monday, Dec. 4, 11, & 18, at 10 a.m. Fun stories, puppets and a film for kids, moms and dads. All ages. (30 min.) Preregister.
- Read In on Monday, Dec. 04, 11 & 18, at 3:30 p.m. Build up your reading level. Sign up for the weekly Read In series with literacy games and treats to make reading more delicious. Grades 2 & up. (45 min.) Preregister.
- Family Coloring Night on Monday, Dec. 4, 11 & 18, at 5:30 p.m. A weekly fun and relaxing night out for the whole family! Coloring sheets, crayons, markers and colored pencils provided. All ages. (60 min.)
- Live Homework Help: Tutor.com on Tuesday, Dec. 5, 12 & 19, at 3:30 p.m. Learn about free online tutoring available through the library for grades K-12, or get help logging into i-Ready®. All ages. (30 min.) Call or drop by the children’s services desk to make an appointment.
- Crazy 8s Math Club® for grades 3-5 on Wednesday, Dec. 6 & 13, at 3:30 p.m. Each week features math games, music and other fun activities. Space is limited. (45 min.) Preregister.
- Pop Up Arts & Crafts on Tursdays, Dec. 7 & 14, at 3:30 p.m. and Saturdays, Dec. 9 & 21, at 2:30 p.m. Features a fun new craft that children of all ages can enjoy! All ages. (60 min.)
- Bilingual Family Story Time on Saturday, Dec. 9 & 23, at 11 a.m. Fun stories, puppets and a film in Spanish for kids, moms and dads. All ages. (45 min.) Preregister.
- Hora de cuentos bilingües – Sábado, 09 y 23 de diciembre, 11:00 a.m. Disfruta de cuentos divertidos, marionetas y una pelicula en español para toda la familia. Todas las edades. (45 min.) Se requiere registrarse.
- Tales & Breakfast with Ronald McDonald on Thursday, Dec. 14, at 10 a.m. Enjoy breakfast, stories and a magical juggling show that features audience participation, plus stresses the importance of reading. All ages. (45 min.) Preregister.
- Chess Class for Beginners on Friday, Dec 15, at 3:30 p.m. Grasp the basics of chess and polish your skills. Led by library staff. Ages 7 & up. (60 min.) Preregister.
- Winter Holiday Fun: Ice Cream Cone Christmas Tree on Thursday, Dec. 21, at 3:30 p.m. Hear winter stories and make a holiday treat to take home. Dress to get messy. All ages. Limit 20. (45 min.) Preregister.
- “Minecraft” Play on Friday, Dec. 22, at 3:30 p.m. “Minecraft Pocket Edition” on the library’s iPads. Participants can bring in their own device and join them for “Minecraft” fun. Ages 7 & up. Preregister as space is limited. (60 min.)
- End of the Year Party: Pizza & Karaoke on Thursday, Dec. 28, at 2:30 p.m. Get ready to rock out the end of the year! Belt out some of your favorite tunes with friends and family. All ages. (2 hr.) Preregister.
- Teen Chess Club on Saturday, Dec. 2, at 2 p.m. Challenge other teens to chess! Test your skills in this centuries-old game. Grades 5 & up. (90 min.) Preregister.
- Teen Book Chat: “My True Love Gave to Me: Twelve Holiday Stories” on Wednesday, Dec. 20, at 4 p.m. Enjoy hot cocoa and a discussion of this collection of short stories edited by Stephanie Perkins. Copies are available in the teen section. Grades 5 & up. (60 min.) Preregister.
- Holiday Nail Art on Wednesday, Dec. 20, at 5 p.m. Design your nails to reflect the holiday spirit. Get ideas from books, online and more. Grades 5 & up. Preregister as class is limited to 16. (60 min.)
Clarence E. Anthony Branch
375 S.W. 2nd Ave., South Bay
- Book-A-Librarian on Friday, Dec. 1, at noon. Do you need help with research, windows, internet or email? Call to schedule a personalized hands-on computer session. (60 min.)
- Adult Book Discussion: “The Hate U Give,” by Angie Thomas on Saturday, Dec. 2, at 11 a.m. Dr. Esther Berry will lead this book discussion. (90 min.)
- Domino Tournament on Tuesday, Dec. 5, at 11 a.m. Sign up with a team or play one-on-one. Refreshments provided. (60 min.)
- Block Party: LEGO® Bricks on Monday, Dec. 4 & 18, at 4 p.m. Get creative and have fun building with our LEGO® collection. Ages 5-10. (60 min.) Preregister.
- Video Game Club on Wednesdays, Dec. 6, 13 & 20, at 4 p.m. Do you love playing video games? Meet with other video game enthusiasts and play the classics. (60 min.)
- Computer & Research Help on Tuesday, Dec. 5, 12 & 19, at 3:30 p.m. Are you looking for help learning computer basics? Are you a high school or college student in need of assistance researching a topic for a school paper? (60 min.) Call to schedule a one-on-one session.
Loula V. York Branch
525 Bacom Point Road, Pahokee
- Super Saturday Story Times on Saturdays at 11 a.m.: Dec. 2 – Sharing Our Gifts I.; Dec. 9 – Sharing Our Gifts II; Dec. 16 – Celebrate Love!; and Dec. 30 – Winter Wonderland Joys II. Stories and creative activities for young children and their parents! Ages 2-5. (45 min.) Preregister.
- Holidays Rock on Saturday, Dec. 2, at 2:30 p.m. Create unique gifts by painting river rocks with holiday greetings and words of encouragement! Ages 7 & up. (60 min.) Preregister.
- Toddler Story Times on Tuesdays at 10 a.m.: Dec. 5 – Sharing Out Gifts II; Dec. 12 – Celebrate Love!; and Dec. 19 – Winter Wonderland Joys I. Music and movement, simple stories, and creative activities for our youngest members and their parents! Ages 1-2. (45 min.) Preregister.
- Thrilling Thursday Story Times on Thursdays at 10 a.m.: Dec. 7 – Sharing Our Gifts II; Dec. 14 – Celebrate Love; ad Dec. 21: Winter Wonderland Joys I. Stories and creative activities for preschool children and their parents! Ages 3-5. (45 min.) Preregister.
- Share the Love Holiday Card Making Party on Saturday, Dec. 9, at 2:30 p.m. Children and families are invited to create holiday cards to share with those they love! Supplies and refreshments provided. All ages. (60 min.) Preregister.
- Love Notes & Peppermint Soap on Saturday, Dec. 16, at 2:30 p.m. Families are invited to create gifts of refreshing peppermint soap and love notes to share with their friends and family! Ages 5 & up. (60 min.) Preregister.
- Play Me a Story/Play Me a Party on Wednesday, Dec. 20, at 5:30 p.m. Children and families are invited to celebrate the holiday season with a festive story, craft and refreshments! All ages. (60 min.) Preregister.
- Snow Day on Friday, Dec. 22, at 11 a.m. Kick off winter break by getting creative with cool, sparkling “snow” playdough! Create festive ornaments and enjoy playing with clay! All ages. (60 min.) Preregister.
- Block Party – The sky is the limit with LEGO® bricks on Wednesday, Dec. 27, at 1 p.m. Share your building and design skills with your friends. Ages 3 & up. (60 min.) Preregister.
- Family Story Times on Thursday, Dec. 28, at 11 a.m. Children and families are invited for a joyful story time as we anticipate ringing in the new year! Ages 2-8. (45 min.) Preregister.