WEST PALM BEACH — The School District of Palm Beach County Transportation Services Department is hosting a job fair Thursday, April 5 to hire bus drivers to fill current openings and prepare for the next school year.
The job fair will be from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at 3376 Summit Blvd. in West Palm Beach. Individuals having an application in the online application system will receive an interview at the fair.
Those not having an application in the system are encouraged to bring their work history including addresses, contact phone numbers and supervisor’s name(s), and their Driver’s License (note: a driving record would also be helpful); and staff will be available to help them input their application into the system. If time allows, those individuals may receive an interview or will be scheduled for a time in the very near future.
To expedite the application process please obtain and submit a complete driving record (Lifetime Driving History) online at or by visiting your local Dept. of Motor Vehicle Service Center, Tax Collector’s Office or Courthouse. If you have relocated from another state, you must provide a complete driving record (Lifetime History) from that state also.
Minimum requirements for the School Bus Driver position are the following:
• Must be a licensed driver for at least five years;
• Have a good driving record with not more than 2 moving violations within an 18 month period and not more than one moving violation per year for the last 3 years;
• Must be clear of any suspensions or revocations for diving while intoxicated/under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol (DUI/DWI) within the last seven years;
• The driving record must be clear of the following infractions for the previous seven years:
• Leaving the scene of an accident where there was an injury or property damage;
• Reckless driving resulting in an accident;
• Fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer
The driving record must not show a pattern of
• Violating the law;
• Unsafe or reckless driving
• Unwillingness to comply with the law.
Successful candidates will be paid $10.42 per hour up to 80 hours during training. Successful trainees who become school bus drivers will receive a starting pay of $14.28 per hour; full benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, and the ability to participate in a Retirement Program.
For further assistance call 561-242-6515 or 561-242-6512.