On Friday, Feb. 16, 151 Glades Central High School (GCHS) seniors were invited to participate in the third Principal’s “A” Team Ceremony. Seniors who met the challenge were recognized at a Five Star Banquet event. To be eligible to receive an invitation to this prestigious ceremony, seniors had to:
• Successfully meet the FSA ELA requirement (ACT or SAT);
• Successfully meet the Algebra I requirement (or PERT);
• Maintain a GPA of at least a 2.0 or higher;
• Earn at least 20 or more community service hours
• Complete an online course;
• Complete 22.5 of the 24 state required credits (earned .5 English IV or other required English, .5 Math, .5 American Government or Economics credit from the first semester);
• Submit a college application.
Seniors were able to invite two guests to celebrate this achievement with them.
Special thanks to the following:
• Glades Region Superintendents (Carlene Millen & Howard Hepburn);
• Mrs. Marcia Andrews (District 6 School Board Member);
• Glades area principals;
• Glades Central HS School Advisory Committee;
• Pankie Benyard Catering (Essie B. McPhee);
• Forever Yours Amore (Diane C. Thomas;)
• Lake Shore Middle School Band (Mr. Michael Cofield, Director of Bands);
• Ms. Mary O. Evans (Spirit of Excellence Award named in her honor);
• King J. Photos – videography;
• Mrs. Carolyn Vickers – photography;
• Mr. Samuel Curry – DJ;
• Glades Central High School faculty & staff.
Congratulations to Carlens Clervoyant and De’Juan Miller for winning the Mary O. Evans Spirit of Excellence Award.