BELLE GLADE — The end of March has arrived in a blink of an eye. With it comes the Florida Standards Assessments (FSA). Students all over the state of Florida will be demonstrating what they have learned since the beginning of the school year. At Gove Elementary, students started taking the FSA on March 27 and FSA will continue through the month of May. It is very important that students are present and arrive on time during this important period. The following Gove Elementary tips will prepare your child for doing well on the FSA assessments.
Tips to help students do well during a test
• Make sure your child gets a good night’s rest the day before the test.
• Have a nutritious breakfast at home or school. (7:15-7:45 a.m. breakfast at school)
• Have your child dress comfortably.
• Arrive at school on time.
• Send your child off to school with words of praise and support.
• Suggest that your child takes deep breaths to relax before the test begins.
• Tell your child to follow directions carefully, and ask questions if something is not clear.
• Advise your child to do the easiest parts of the test first, then the rest.
• Remind your child to check over answers before submitting the test.
• Encourage your child to do his/her best.
The Gove Elementary faculty and staff are very thankful for your continued support.
April 3: New kindergarten students preregistration 9 a.m. – noon and 1-3 p.m.
April 4: New kindergarten students preregistration 9 a.m. – noon and 1-3 p.m.
April 5: First grade puppet show; SAC/PTO 4:30-5:30 p.m.; Science Stem Night 5:30-7:30 p.m.
April 6: New kindergarten students preregistration 5-7 p.m.
April 10 & 11: FSA third grade math / sixth grade ELA
April 12 & 13: FSA fourth grade math / sixth grade math
April 14: Spring Holiday – No School