Gove appreciates volunteers
BELLE GLADE — On Friday, April 20, Gove Elementary honored the dedicated volunteers that help the school continuously. Their willingness to support and enhance the education of the students is greatly appreciated. Volunteer Coordinators, Ilianna Amezquita and Dora Lopez, are actively recruiting parents and community members to join the Volunteer Program.
Research has shown that when parents and the community are involved in education, the students are more apt to attend school regularly, get better grades, develop better social skills, adapt to change, graduate, and continue their education.
The partnership between home/community and school is a win-win situation and Gove Elementary hopes you consider their invitation to become a volunteer. Please contact Mrs. Amezquita in the Family Center at 561-993-8712, at your earliest convenience, to become a member of Gove’s elite Volunteer Program.
A special thanks to the following volunteers for their continuous support in various roles: Cristina Aguilera, Nusrat Ameen, Yocelin Aranda, Katrina Finney, Odalis Garza, Ann Hartman, Rafaza Islam, Marie Jean-Jaques, Yaime Llanes, Renato Malbog, Alexander Menendez-Gundal, Maribel Mercado, Amanda Orsenigo, Dr. Richard Raid, Alicia Rios, Nerelys Sanchez, Sorilinda Quinonez-Santiago, Evana Shanta, Jaqueline Suarez and Florencio Zavala. The Gove Family appreciates their dedicated assistance.
• April 26: Second grade field trip to Dolly Hand at 9 a.m. to noon.
• April 26: Field trip to Dolly Hand at 9 a.m. to noon – Ms. J. Smith, Ms. St. Hilaire, Ms. J. Collins, Ms.Campbell.
• April 26: Kindergarten field trip to Dolly Hand at 10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
• April 26: Kindergarten and first grade APTT Parent Meeting #3 at 5:30-7 p.m.
• April 26 & 27: FSA math grades for fourth and fifth grades
• May 1 & 2: SSS Science fifth grade
• May 3: Field day for third – sixth grades
• May 4: Field day for pre-k – second grade
• May 4: Mounts Botanical Garden field trip – Garden & Art Club
• Tuesdays: Nutrition class at 1-2 p.m.
• Mondays: Student Council 2:30-3:15 p.m.; Art Club 2:30-3:30 p.m.; Chess Club 2:30-4 p.m.
• Wednesdays: Garden Club 2:30-3:30 p.m.
• Thursdays: Steel Drums 2:30 – 4 p.m.