Gove has a successful Kindergarten Round-up
BELLE GLADE — Gove Elementary School is ready for the incoming kindergarten students! Gove had its Kindergarten Round-Up on April 25, and it was a big success. The media center was full of parents that preregistered fifty-two students. Fifteen of those students are from Gove’s prekindergarten class, which means Gove is growing its own students! A very special thanks to the prekindergarten teachers, Ms. Blanco, Mrs. Villavicencia and Mrs. Menendez, for their great support!
The leadership team members did an outstanding job with presenting information at five different centers (reading, writing, science, math and social studies). The sixth grade ambassadors assisted the presenters by translating in Spanish. It was a very enjoyable event where parents practiced the activities presented and then received kindergarten readiness activities for the upcoming year.
All parents that attended and preregistered their child for the upcoming school year received a book bag with more kindergarten readiness supplies. If you were unable to attend Kindergarten Round-Up, preregistration continues to be available every day from 8 a.m. – noon and 1 – 3:30 p.m., in the front office with our school data processor, Ms. Ramirez. Once a student is preregistered, they will receive a new a book bag.
Also, Gove is accepting late Choice Program applications for kindergarten students that do not live in the Gove assigned area (SAC). If you are interested, please don’t hesitate to call Mrs. Lopez at 561-993-8731 to set up an appointment.
• May 3: Field Day 9 a.m. – noon for third through sixth grades.
• May 4: Field Day 9 a.m. – noon for Pre-K through second grades.
• May 7: Career Day classroom presentation
• May 8: Vehicle Career Day and Nutrition Class at 1 p.m.
• May 9: Student Career Dress-up Day
• May 9-12: Safety Patrols trip to Washington D.C.
• May 14: Multicultural Night at 5:30-7 p.m.
• May 16: PTO/SAC at 5-6 p.m.
• May 18: Reading Counts at 8:30-11 a.m.
• May 22: PBSO Glades Central HS presentation at 8:30-9:30 a.m.
• May 23: Spanish Spelling Bee at 8 a.m. – noon.
• May 28: Memorial Day/No School
• May 30: Fifth and sixth grade Bash at noon – 2 p.m.
• May 30-31: Summer Slide Book Distribution
• May 31: Special Education Award Ceremony
• June 1: Last day of school for students.