Gove Elementary celebrates Red Ribbon Week
BELLE GLADE — Gove Elementary is proud to celebrate Red Ribbon Week, which is an awareness campaign observed annually during the last full week in October. Throughout the week students, parents and teachers are engaged in a variety of activities designed to demonstrate a commitment to youth and drug prevention. This is a time when both students and adults pledge to stay drug free and join the fight against drug use. Kuddos to Dr. Riker, our School Guidance Counselor, for overseeing these educational awareness activities.
2017 Red Ribbon Week activities planned
• Oct. 26: You Have The Power To Stay Drug Free. Show your school spirit by dressing up as a Super Hero.
• Oct. 27: Friends Don’t Let Friends Do Drugs. Dress like twins with a friend and help each other make healthy choices.
• Oct. 30: Oh The Places We Will Go Drug Free. Come to school in Dr. Seuss attire.
• Oct. 31: My Character Is My Super Hero. Today you may dress up as your favorite storybook character.
• Oct. 26: Magnet Open House, 5-6:30 p.m.
• Oct. 26: SE Team fieldtrip to the Pumpkin Patch, 8:30-11:30 a.m.
• Oct. 30: Math Night
• Oct. 31: Fall Festival today you may dress up as your favorite storybook character.
• Nov. 1: Magnet Open Enrollment begins Nov. 1 and deadline is Jan. 28.
• Nov. 2: Kindergarten through first grade APTT Parent Meeting, 5:30-7 p.m.
• Nov. 2: End of first trimester.