Gove Elementary celebrates the 100th day of school
On Monday, Feb. 5, teachers and students at Gove Elementary School were encouraged to participate in a T-shirt contest to celebrate the 100th day of school. Teachers and students were asked to participate in this fun event by creating a T-shirt and wearing it to school on Monday. Contest participants were allowed to draw or glue 100 items on each shirt. On Monday morning, students and teachers proudly wore their creations. It was a tough decision to choose a winner, because there were so many unique designs. The winner in the teacher category was Jill Schmidt. In the student category, there was a tie between Samantha Garcia in fifth grade and Jesus Hernandez in third grade. Student winners received a “No Uniform” pass. The winning teacher received a “Pawtastic” afternoon pass. Kudos to Jessica Michno, math coach, for overseeing this fun event. Thank you to all the participants for their hard work and creativity.
• Feb. 7 & 8: ACCESS Group Testing – K-6 Listening Reading
• Feb. 15: VSA West Fest Dolly Hand
• Feb. 16: Teacher Workday/No school for students
• Feb. 21: PTO/SAC 5-6 p.m.
• Feb. 22: Field Trip to Dolly Hand: Kindergarten & first grade – Ms. Smith, Ms. St. Hilaire, Ms. J. Collins, and Ms. Campbell.
• Every Monday: Student Council 2:30-3:15 p.m.; Art Club 2:30-3:30 p.m.; Chess Club 2:30-4 p.m.
• Every Wednesday: Garden Club 2:30-3:30 p.m.
• Every Thursday: SECME 2:30 – 4 p.m.