Gove Elementary Garden Club builds new homes for owls
On March 28, the Gove Elementary Garden Club collaborated with Glades Central FFA students and Dr. Richard Raid from the University of Florida Research Lab to build four owl houses. Owls are a natural pest control in agricultural areas. The students learned facts about owls and had a great experience working in small groups to build the houses. The Garden Club members took notes to prepare information guides to share with all of the students, staff and parents. Dr. Raid will return in the near future to install the owl houses around the school campus.
Coach Carril, our Spanish PE teacher, has already observed owls near the pavilion. We hope to attract them to the new owl houses. A special thanks to Mrs. Gayle Zavala and the Garden Club members for overseeing such an amazing activity.
• April 5: 3rd-6th Grade Tutorial
• April 5: Tech Safety Training for students
• April 6: School Preventive Dental Program for pre-k students
• April 9-12: 4th-6th Grade Tutorial
• April 10 & 11: FSA ELA 3rd grade
• April 13: K-5 progress reports go home
• April 17 & 18: FSA ELA grades 4th, 5th & 6th
• April 18: PTO/SAC 5-6 p.m.
• April 24 & 25: FSA math grades 3rd & 6th
• April 25: Kindergarten Round-Up 12:30-2 p.m.
• April 26: 2nd grade field trip to Dolly Hand 9 a.m. – noon
• April 26: Field trip to Dolly Hand from 9 a.m.-noon – Ms. J. Smith Ms. St. Hilaire, Ms. J. Collins, Ms. Campbelland Ms.Shannon.
• April 26: Kindergarten field trip to Dolly Hand 10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
• April 26: Kindergarten & 1st grade APTT Parent Meeting #3 5:30-7 p.m.
• April 26 & 27: FSA math grades 4th & 5th