Students take first, second and third place in Afro Arts Mathletics Competition!
BELLE GLADE — On Saturday, March 17, students from Gove Elementary competed against other local schools in a mathematics vocabulary competition. “Math Squad” teams in grades third through fifth were created by Gove’s math coach, Jessica Michno. The Math Squad and Ms. Michno worked hard to prepare for this event. Students competed at Gove Elementary first. The top three winners from each grade level went on to the local competition at the festival. For each grade level that competed, a student from Gove earned an award! Third grader Magaly Robles won third place. Fourth grader Evelin Guzman won second place. Fifth graders Uriel Calihua, Gustavo Barrera, and Elizabeth Robles, swept the competition and won all three places! Keep up the hard work Gove students! Congratulations!
Kudos to Ms. Michno and Ms. Burden for starting their spring break with the Math Squad in the Afro Arts parade and the Math Competition!
• April 9-12: Fourth – sixth grade tutorial
• April 13: Kindergarten through fifth grades – Progress Reports Go Home
• April 17 & 18: FSA ELA grades fourth, fifth and sixth
• April 18: PTO/SAC 5-6 p.m.
• April 24 & 25: FSA Math grades third and sixth
• April 25: Kindergarten Round-Up from 12:30-2 p.m.
• April 26: Second grade field trip to Dolly Hand from 9 a.m. – noon
• April 26: Field trip to Dolly Hand from 9 a.m. – noon – Ms. J. Smith, Ms. St. Hilaire, Ms. J. Collins, Ms. Campbell and Ms.Shannon
• April 26: Kindergarten field trip to Dolly Hand from 10:45 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
• April 26: Kindergarten and first grade APTT Parent Meeting #3 from 5:30-7 p.m.
• April 26 & 27: FSA Math grades fourth and fifth
Parent Training: Every Tuesday a Nutrition Class from 1-2p.m.
• Mondays: Student Council 2:30-3:15 p.m.; Art Club 2:30-3:30 p.m., and Chess Club 2:30-4 p.m.
• Wednesdays: Garden Club 2:30-3:30 p.m.
• Thursdays: Steel Drums 2:30–4 p.m.