PALM BEACH COUNTY — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Foundation (PBCSF) is pleased to announce the recipients of its 2018 Youth Scholarship Program. Ten Palm Beach County high school seniors, all of whom were nominated by a sworn employee of the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office, will receive $2,500 scholarships for their freshman year of college. Each scholarship is renewable for up to four years of college or trade school. This is the fourth year of the program, so the Sheriff’s Foundation is committed to distributing $100,000 a year in scholarships!
Here is our fourth class of scholarship winners:
• Guadalupe Alcala-Garcia, Glades Central High School, Florida State University;
• De’Juan Miller, Glades Central High School, Keiser University;
• Gisell Rodriguez, Glades Central High School, Florida International University;
• Charles Crichton, Atlantic Community High School, University of Central Florida;
• Morgan Frederick, Palm Beach Gardens Community High School, Florida Atlantic University;
• Kalen Hyde, Palm Beach Gardens Community High School, Florida Gulf Coast University;
• Ethan Mansdorf, Santaluces Community High School, Palm Beach State College;
• Elie Merisier, Lake Worth Community High School, Palm Beach State College;
• Alana Thomas, Santaluces Community High School, Howard University;
• Kylie Tucker, Park Vista Community High School, Palm Beach State College.
The students will receive their scholarships and be recognized at a luncheon on March 4, at 12:30 p.m. at the International Polo Club in Wellington.
Quote from Rick Seymour, Chairman of the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Foundation: “We are very excited about our Youth Scholarship Program…we received dozens of applications. As a charitable organization, we want to give back to the community, and we feel there is no better way to do that than by helping deserving students further their education.”
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Foundation is a nonprofit charitable organization that helps underprivileged children through such programs as Shop with a Cop and Youth Scholarships. Our support for the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office enhances deputy safety by subsidizing new equipment that might otherwise be unattainable. In addition, the Foundation has provided great support for the K-9, Domestic Violence, and Gang Units, and we assist PBSO employees in times of need.
For more information about the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Foundation, please visit PBCSF.org