BELLE GLADE — The Glades Region was very excited to announce the winners of the second annual Mathletics Vocabulary Competition that was held on Saturday, March 18, in conjunction with the 38th Glades Festival of Afro Arts. Each of the winners received a Fire Tablet with a case and screen protector.
The committee would like to thank their sponsors for the monetary gifts and donations: Ventus Charitable Foundation, H. E. Hill Foundation, Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Marcia Andrews, Tripp Storage, Regina Bohlen, Glades Central High School and the Palm Beach County Education Foundation.
The Glades Region math team appreciates the continued support of the Tri-Cities Education Committee members, Mary O. Evans and Eddie Rhodes for supporting the event and soliciting the donations to support our students.
Second grade winners
• First place – Ashley Cruz (Gove Elementary)
• Second place – Ja’Nyria Akins (Pahokee Elementary)
• Third place – Osiel Carbajal (Belle Glade Elementary)
Third grade winners
• First place – Halie Bankhead (Gove Elementary)
• Second place – Jeremiah Francoeur (Gove Elementary)
• Third place – Matthew Cadet (Pioneer Park Elementary)
Fourth grade winners
• First place – Derron Martin (Gove Elementary)
• Second place – Amari Major (Glade View Elementary)
• Third place – Odelvis Corzo (Gove Elementary)
Fifth grade winners
• First place – America Alvarez (Gove Elementary)
• Second place – Adam Cubas (Gove Elementary)
• Third place – Carmen Garcia (Belle Glade Elementary)