• Glades Day boys, basketball lost to state powerhouse Atlantic Christian 79-28 on Jan. 13. Atlantic Christian took an early 11-2 lead and led 20-10 after the first quarter. Glades Day kept the game respectable until the later stages of the second quarter. ACA held a 49-18 halftime lead.
AJ McPhee had 12 points to lead the Gators.
Coach Kurt Stahl said he felt his team tried their best against a very established and strong program, “Atlantic Christian Academy has always been a 2A powerhouse in the three seasons I’ve been here at Glades Day School. They are very athletic and skilled, and Coach Gamble has them disciplined in their game. I haven’t seen the state rankings as of yet, but I would be surprised if they weren’t in the top-10 in 2A. They will meet up for a district showdown with perennial state champion Grandview Prep this week, so it will be interesting to see how that matchup plays out.”
• The Gators defeated Community Christian Academy on Jan. 17 by the score of 66-59 in Belle Glade. The Gators were behind 17-10 after the first quarter and 31-29 at the half. A third quarter run was the key as the Gators outscored CCA 20-11 in the third to take the lead for good.
Coach Stahl said a good pressure defense was the key for the Gators.
Jacob Camacho had 20 points and Eric Leon had 13 points. Glades Day improved to (5-10 overall and 2-4 in district play).
• The Glades Day Lady Gators soccer team lost in the first round of district play, 2-1 to Berean Christian on Jan. 16. Coach Angee Lohman said the team gave a great effort but couldn’t pull out the victory. “I hope to have some great leaders step up to show the way for our girls next year.”
Ashley Hubbard scored the Lady Gator goal. Goal keeper Jaylin Smith made several key saves in the match. Hannah Adams scored two goals for Berean Christian.
Lake Worth Christian ended up the district champion and Jupiter Christian was the runner up. The entire tournament was hosted by Glades Day School.
• The Pahokee girls basketball team defeated Forest Hill 50-9 on Jan. 17. India Sheppard led the Lady Blue Devils with 18 points. The Blue Devils also defeated district opponent Fort Meade, 40-29 on Jan. 13. Sheppard had 15 points in that game.
• Glades Central boys basketball fell at Boca Raton on Jan. 18, 82-57. Cade Long had 22 points and four assists for the Bobcats.