• The Pahokee and Glades Central track teams have been impressive early in the season. The Lady Blue Devils finished in seventh place and the Lady Raiders finished in ninth place out of 24 teams at the Royal Palm Beach Invitational on Feb. 17. The Lady Raiders won the Anquan Boldin Invitational while Pahokee finished second on Feb. 24.
Pahokee finished second and Glades Central third at the Seminole Ridge Invitational on March 3.
Pahokee finished third and Glades Central fourth at the Suncoast Invitational held March 8.
The boys’ track teams also have been impressive. Pahokee took seventh and Glades Central 17th at Royal Palm Beach, Pahokee was second and Glades Central third at the Suncoast Invitational, Pahokee was second, Glades Central fifth and Glades Day 11th at the Pahokee meet while Glades Central won, Pahokee finished third and Glades Day 10th at the Seminole Ridge Invitational.
• Glades Day junior varsity softball is off to a good start this year. After a season opening loss at Okeechobee, the Gators defeated the Glades Central varsity on Tuesday, Feb. 28, 20-12. Harley Crosby, Kaylee Underwood and Hana Lohmann all pitched for the Gators.
The Gator JV defeated the Port St. Lucie Lady Jaquars JV on March 6, 24-16. Audrey Ascheman and Kaylee Underwood combined to pitch for Glades Day.
• Glades Central baseball lost to Fort Pierce Westwood 15-10 on March 10. A seven run third propelled the Panthers victory. Westwood also scored four runs in the sixth. Glades Central scored four runs in the third. The two teams combined to make 12 fielding errors in the game. Joseph Solomon scored three runs and drove in one run, Mauricio Calderon went 2-4 with a run scored and two RBI, Ty Singley went 2-5 with three runs scored, and three RBI, Tyrone Williams scored three runs and Maurice Jones scored three times for FPW. David Gonzales went 1-4 with a run scored and three RBI, Vincent Esparza went 1-2 with three runs and an RBI, Paul Pierre had two RBI and Ary Gil went 1-4 with an RBI triple for Glades Central. The two teams combined to steal 18 bases in the wild game. Westwood stole 10 bases and the Raiders eight bases.
The Raiders fell to cross town rival Glades Day, 5-0 on March 6. Gil pitched four solid innings and allowed no earned runs and struck out six for Glades Central. The Raiders made nine errors in the game and were no hit by the Gators. The Gators scored twice in both the second and fourth innings.
Glades Central is 3-3 on the season.
• Glades Central softball team lost to Palm Beach Central 20-0 on March 9. The Lady Broncos are 4-4 while the Raiders fell to (0-5). The Lady Raiders also fell to Greenacres Christian 17-3 on March 6 to fall to (0-6).
• Pahokee softball lost to Fort Meade on March 10 by the score of 20-0. The Lady Miners scored nine runs in both the first and second innings. Peyton Music went 3-3 with four runs scored and two RBI, Keely Staats went 3-3 with three runs and three RBI, Kamryn Harpe went 3-3 with three RBI, and Hope Elliott went 3-3, with four runs scored and six RBI. Elliott hit three homeruns in the game.
Music allowed just one hit to the Lady Blue Devils and struck out two.
• Pahokee baseball lost to Fort Meade 15-0 on March 10. The Miners scored seven runs in the second and added a six run rally in the third. Trace Porter with 1-1 with three runs scored and two RBI, Brian Spradlin went 2-4 with two runs and two RBI, Luke Myers with 1-2 with three runs, and Danny Coca had two RBI. Luke Myers combined with Willie Coca to toss a no hitter for Fort Meade. They combined for 10 strikeouts.